Last Updated August 26th, 2022
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. We may collect the following categories of information on the Site:
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, parental record, teacher email, as well as demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you provide to us voluntarily when you register with the Site or participate in various Site activities, such as online chat and message boards. While you are not obligated to provide us with personal information, failing to do so may prevent you from accessing some features of the Site.
The term "personal information" means individually identifiable information about an individual collected online, including-
- a first and last name;
- an e-mail address;
- a telephone number;
- any other identifier that the Commission determines permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual; or
- information concerning the child or the parents of that child that the website collects online from the child and combines with an identifier described in this paragraph.
When you use the Site, our servers automatically collect information about you, including your IP address, browser type, operating system, access times, and the websites you visited immediately before and after accessing the Site.
Financial information, such as credit card numbers, brands, and expiry dates, that we may collect when you make a purchase, order, return, exchange, or request information about our services via the Site. We store just a small portion of the financial information we collect, if any at all. Otherwise, all financial information is stored by our payment processor, and you are recommended to review their privacy policies and contact them directly if you have any concerns.
Data from Social Networks
If you link your account to social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, we will gather information about you from those sites, including your name, social network username, and email address.
Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys
Financial Data Data from Social Networks Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys You may provide us with personal and non-personal information when you enter competitions or giveaways or react to surveys.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We rely on accurate information about you to provide you with a seamless, efficient, and personalized experience. To be more precise, we may use information collected about you via the Site to:
- Create a personal account for yourself and manage it securely.
- Assist investigators and respond to subpoenas.
- Collect and analyze anonymized statistical data for internal use or dissemination to third parties.
- Permit user-to-user contact.
- Complete and manage Site-related transactions such as purchases, orders, payments, and other activities.
- Create a personalized profile for you in order to tailor future visits to the Site to your preferences.
- Enhance the efficiency and functioning of the Site.
- To assist you in getting the most out of the Site, we monitor and analyze use and trends.
- Notify you of changes to the Site.
- We will contact you on new goods, services, and/or ideas.
- Conduct further business transactions as necessary.
- Avoid fraudulent transactions, keep a look out for theft, and take steps to protect yourself from illegal activity.
- Payments processing.
- We will gather input on your use of the Site and communicate with you about it.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to customer service and product-related enquiries.
- Send you a newsletter.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may release information we have gathered about you in certain circumstances. The following methods in which your information may be shared:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe releasing information about you is necessary to comply with legal process, to investigate or correct suspected policy violations, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of others, we will do so in compliance with applicable law, rule, or regulation. This entails exchanging data with other businesses in order to combat fraud and mitigate credit risk.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third-party service providers who perform operations on our behalf or on our behalf, such as payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, and web hosting.
As permitted by law, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes with your consent or after providing you with an opportunity to withdraw consent.
Interactions between Users
If you interact with other Site users, they may view your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your actions on the Site, which may include inviting other users to the Site, interacting with other users, like articles, and following blogs.
When you post comments, contributions, or other content to the Site, they may be seen by all users and may be publicly distributed in perpetuity beyond the Site.
Third Parties Not Listed
Your information may be disclosed to marketers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. Additionally, we may share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Insolvency
We are not liable for the activities of third parties to whom you provide personally identifiable or sensitive data, and we do not have the capacity to monitor or supervise third-party solicitations. You must contact the third party directly if you wish to unsubscribe from letters, emails, or other third-party communications.
Web Beacons and Cookies
You should be aware that when you purchase a new computer, install a new browser, update an existing browser, or erase or otherwise change the cookies files in your browser, certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or preferences may be deleted as well.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
Our administrative, technical, and physical security measures safeguard your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please keep in mind that no security system is flawless or impenetrable, and no means of data transfer can be guaranteed to be free of interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is subject to interception and exploitation by unwanted parties. As a result, we cannot guarantee the complete confidentiality of any personally identifiable information you provide.
YOUR GDPR RIGHTS
You are entitled to the following rights under applicable laws:
- The right to access: You may request access to your personal data at any time. We will supply you with a copy of your personal data in a generally used electronic format upon request.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to have erroneous personal data rectified and incomplete personal data filled.
- The right to erasure: You may request that we remove your User Data in certain circumstances (including those involving processing based on your permission). Please keep in mind that this right is not absolute. As a result, an effort to invoke the right may result in no action on our part.
- The right to object: to some processing activities we do with your personal data, such as our use of your personal data for our legitimate interests. Additionally, you have the right to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your personal data in a structured, frequently used, and machine-readable format (or to have your personal data directly sent to another data controller).
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
We recognize the need to provide additional privacy protections regarding personal information we may collect from children on our websites and applications. Some features of our websites and applications are age-restricted so that they cannot be used by children, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children in connection with these features. When we collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect their privacy.
Whether and with whom to share that information:
Subject to applicable law and our practices, we collect personal information from children or send information about our products and services directly to children with parental consent. Limit the collection of personal information from children to the extent reasonably necessary to participate in online activities.
We provide parents with the ability to access or request access to personal information that we have collected from their child and to request that personal information be changed or deleted.
In that regard we collect: first/last name of students, in-game activities, students' grade level, parent's email (solely for notification of a teacher/tutor using the service. We do not use this email for marketing purposes) student’s teacher/tutor and school
We collect the following data on teachers/tutors/parents: first/last name, email and/or social media information, school, cookie and session information, and (anonymized) location information using Plausible.
We do not share any minor personal information with third parties. We do share teacher/tutor information with analytics sites. We do not do any advertising on the site.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Emails and Communications
We may send you periodic newsletters and/or emails that directly promote the usage of our Service or the goods and services of third parties. When you get newsletters or promotional messages from us, you may express your choice to cease receiving these communications by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the email you receive or by accessing your Settings page's Notifications options. Regardless of your preferences, we may send you transactional service-related informative emails on a periodic basis.
GameOn Learning LLC
2101 Pearl Street
Boulder, Colorado 80302